The Nickerson Snead House was built circa 1835, however, the original log portion was built in the 1700s by Francis Kincannon. During this period it was used as a fort during the Revolutionary War and the French and Indian War. Dr. Nickerson Snead and his wife Betsy Snead built this beautiful historic home. It was a field hospital Civil War hospital and the cellar was used as a morgue. The Nickerson Snead House is home to several spirits including Betsy (The Woman in Blue), a little girl, and a little boy (presumably Josephine and Douglas Mason).
Purchase The History & the Hauntings of the Nickerson Snead House by Ronda L. Caudill to learn more about this historic Antebellum and its very important role during the wars in the Appalachian Mountains.